[mythtv-users] PVR-250 Composite Input - Occasional flicker in top of picture

Dave Pearson lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Sun Jun 24 15:47:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

This affects both Live TV and Recordings. Occasionally when starting to watch (or starting a recording) something on the pvr-250 composite input (my Sky+ input) I find that the top 3rd or so of the picture flickers and the image quality of the rest of the picture is very poor. I have a pvr-250 in my master backen and another in my secondary backend and they both exhibit this behaviour.

It doesn't happen all the time, though, so I mostly get good recordings and, if I'm watching live TV I can reset the image by changing the channel in mythtv (this doesn't actually change anything at the SKY+ box, it just tells mythtv to start a new recording as I only run the channel change script under certain circumstances)

Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, how did you cure it?

Regards,

Dave.