[mythtv-users] Dual HD-PVR Channel Change Script

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 14:54:10 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 8:17 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 06/23/2012 02:28 AM, Richard Ferrara wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have done a bit of searching and only found references to dual HD-PVRs
>> and Motorola STBs via FireWire.
>>
>> I have one HD-PVR recording component output from my providers STB and
>> changing channels via infrared perfectly. I would like to add another HD-PVR
>> which will act as another tuner for the same Video Source.
>>
>> I have an MCEUSB IR sender, which has two IR blasters. The issue is that
>> when I change channels MythTV only parses the channel number to the channel
>> change script and not a tuner unique ID as well. So there is no way for the
>> script to distinguish which transmitter irsend should transmit on.
>>
>> Can anyone provide some input on how to achieve this?
>

> You specify the channel change command on the Input Connection in
> mythtv-setup.  Therefore, simply specify a different channel change command
> for each input (connected to the different STBs) such that the script
> "knows" which STB to use.
>
> You can do this either by using a channel change command of:
>
> /path/to/change_channel_on_first_STB
> /path/to/change_channel_on_second_STB
>
> or using arguments to the command:
>
> /path/to/change_channel STB1
> /path/to/change_channel STB2
>
> in which case the first argument to the script will be the STB identifier
> your script understands and the second argument will be the channel
> identifier.
>
> Mike

this is the script I use on my parents MythTV setup with two HD-PVR's:

#!/bin/bash
#

GUID=`echo "$1"|sed -r "s/[A-Z]+/\L&/g"`
CHANNEL=$2

6200ch -v -g $GUID $CHANNEL
sleep 3
exit 0

in the command line setup I give it the path and the GUID, ie
/usr/local/bin/hdpvrchanger.sh 0025F2FFFEDA1379
the channel is added to the end by MythTV

adjust your sleep value based on how long it takes your STB to change
and lock channels

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!