[mythtv-users] Degraded playback prformance with OSD on master 6b04160 (Port MythUI to ReferenceCounter)?

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gregorio.gervasio at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 05:08:34 UTC 2012

        Has anyone noticed degraded playback performance with OSD
elements displayed (eg. subtitles, menu, progress bar)?  mythfrontend
CPU usage goes up (almost 2X in one of my systems) when OSD is displayed
and causes stuttering.  This is with OpenGL playback, but I've seen the
problem with XVideo, too.

        If I revert commit 6b04160, the problem goes away -- CPU usage
doesn't change much when OSD is up.

--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gregorio.gervasio at gmail.com