[mythtv-users] mythfrontend consuming/leaking memory just sitting at the main menu

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Wed Jun 20 23:00:38 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 6:27 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> And just to make sure, you ran 0.25-fixes for a while without seeing this
> issue?  Meaning that it was likely some backport that caused it?

No, I don't think it was a backport. I've been having this issue for
quite a few months. Definitely before 0.25 was released. I upgraded
from 0.24 to trunk earlier this year (and then 0.25-fixes when it was
released). But I can't pinpoint when the problem started in relation
to when I upgraded. The first couple lockups I passed it off as a
fluke error, and then for months now I've been thinking it was a
hardware error. Tried running memtest for 24 hours a few times,
swapping hardware, etc, but that was all a dead end. A few days ago
was the first time I witnessed it in progress and got a chance to see
what was going on.

> Also, you might want to try:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/520820#520820 , just in
> case.

Ah, good idea. I definitely didn't do that when I built it today, and
I'm pretty sure I didn't do it last time I upgraded either, so that's
a very possible candidate. I'll do that and rebuild tonight, then
restart my tests.

--
Ron Frazier