[mythtv-users] Failed recording showing up in list of recorded shows - bug?

Michelle Dupuis mdupuis at ocg.ca
Wed Jun 20 13:13:03 UTC 2012

I'm fine tuning my .25 backend before it goes live and have encountered an interesting problem.  My HD-PVR is connected to the host, but no satellite input yet (so HD PVR should record just black screen).

I set a couple of shows to record and discovered that:
1. The same show is being recorded mulitple times despite having "NEW EPISODE" filter checked.
2. When I click on any episode (direct download) via mythweb I get something like:
1626_20120620072900.mpg does not exist in any recognized storage group directories for this host.

so...if myth realizes that a black screen means failed to record, why are lots of empty/missing recordings showing up in myth?

Does this relate to myth recording many of the same show?

Thanks!