[mythtv-users] Failed to open Hauppauge HVR-2250 TV card

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Jun 20 09:45:51 UTC 2012

On 19/06/12 22:06, Bob wrote:
> Please, please help.
>

> Yes, I have connected source to input:
>
>    capture device: [DVB: /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0}
>    Input:          DVInput
>    Video source:   (None)  -- NOTE that I cannot change this from None;
>                               could this be related to the problem?
> and
>    capture device: [DVB: /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0}
>    Input:          DVInput
>    Video source:   (None)  -- NOTE that I cannot change this from None;
>                               could this be related to the problem?

No you have *not* connected source to input.

Since you could not change the dropdown selection from 'none' this implies that
you have not yet set up a source. You need to set up a source - option 3 in the
mythtv-setup main menu - and then you will be able to select it when you choose
option 4.

You do *not* have to 'scan for channels' or 'download cahnnels from listing
source' to be able to make the connection between tuners (defined in option 2)
and channel list (defined in option 3). If course you will still have to
populate your channel list somehow before you can receive transmissions.

By 'somehow' I mean according to what's available for your TV market. In the US
the method depends on whether you have cable, satellite or over-the-air (OTA),
all of which may need different approaches. In other parts of the world other
methods may be required, such as using an xmltv grabber.

--

Mike Perkins