[mythtv-users] 0.25 Major AV sync problems

Bryan Bennetts bryan.bennetts at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 08:24:48 UTC 2012

On 19 June 2012 22:03, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 19 June 2012 01:02, Bryan Bennetts <bryan.bennetts at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Ehm, I'm seeing similar symptoms (blushes, shuffles feet) haven't
> mentioned
> > it as there seemed to be others having a dig and once I'd shifted my
> audio
> > by 100ms it hasn't really bothered me, also I had done a fresh install
> to a
> > new FE using a different OS and upgraded myth version so there are an
> awful
> > lot of variables.
>
> A fixed delay is an entirely different matter and is something that
> can't be avoided as hardware along the way introduce delays...
>
> This is what the A/V delay settings is for.

Indeed, and is one reason I was keeping quiet, unfortunately I changed h/w
at the same time as s/w so its not trivial to pin down without actual time
and effort.

Note however that I *think* its not a hard and fast delay -  100 ms is
'good enough' but it still varies slightly.  Until I have time to
investigate properly I'll keep schtum as there's plenty of traffic on this
thread without my additional noise.

Cheers, Bryan.