[mythtv-users] 0.25 Major AV sync problems

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Wed Jun 20 04:40:20 UTC 2012

On 2012-06-19, at 5:05 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> On 19 June 2012 09:29, George Nassas <gnassas at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> To add another datapoint I see major A/V sync problems with HLS streams - when someone on camera is speaking their lips are nowhere near their words. I don't have a good sense of when it started happening  but I'm pretty sure it was after the post-.25 ffmpeg sync.
>
> Which version are you referring to ?
> Myth 0.25 doesn't play HLS streams...
>
> So I don't see how it could have broken A/V sync for playing HLS stream...

Whoops, I'm talking about the other side. I see sync probs watching HLS streams created by myth and viewed in OSX/Safari and iOS/Safari. The reason I spoke up is David's comment about how the problem was present in some players and not others. If you take mythtranscode's decode half as a player it falls into the problem category and might give you an easy way to figure out the issue. Or not. Just tossing it out there.

As for version I'm on master v0.26-pre-519-g48c9f6e-dirty, the dirtyness comes from running the two ticket patches I filed recently (bonjour service name, video metadata thread safety). Where it counts it's stock recent git master.

- George