[mythtv-users] 0.25 Major AV sync problems

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 19:47:41 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 6:12 PM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:
> In Fedora I don't use sudo, but the reports stop if I do it as su.
> It doesn't survive a reboot.  Can I do that?

One should try to never run the frontend as the root user
(and once one does, some files may get modified in
such a way that fixups will need to be manually taken
to correct ownership/permissions before being able
to run as the mythtv user; if you decide on running as
root, always run as root).

The *usual* suggestion is to place your mythtv frontend
user in the audio/video groups, or to write udev rules to allow
the frontend user the appropriate permissions.  One can
also create /etc/rc.local and include commands such
as setting buffers, permissions, etc.

Gary