[mythtv-users] How to record a TV serial

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Tue Jun 19 07:25:03 UTC 2012

On 18.06.2012 20:51, Stephan Seitz wrote:

> I tried to record the football match of the european championship
> (channel ZDF.info HD). The recording didn’t start because the EPG
> information was changed after my programming, so there was no match
> anymore.

Just setup one rule to record all programs with title like "UEFA EURO
2012" (or whatever its called in the EIT). Then set games you don't
want to "never record". That way the error should be to record to much
instead of missed recordings.

> So, how can I program a recording using the programming guide and then
> tell Mythtv to ignore any EPG changes but to record at this time?

you can't. If you switch from EIT to xmltv you can avoid the last minute
changes.

Regards,
Karl