[mythtv-users] Upgrading from .24+fix to .25

mikkel at broerne.dk mikkel at broerne.dk
Mon Jun 18 20:33:52 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have read numerous pages on upgrading, but I would like to
make sure I do it right.

Currently I have a .24+fix running Ubuntu
10.10 - which was a big mistake on my part - and want to move to a fresh
install of ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

Originally I had planned to upgrade my
production BE then backup the db and use this for my fresh
install.

Just for the purpose of testing on my test BE I did the
following

/usr/share/mythtv/mythconverg_restore.pl --drop_database
--create_database --directory <directory containing db backup>

I knew
from previous minor upgrades that the db schemes would not match, but
mythtv naturally would suggest an upgrade.

Everything looks fine, but
is this a wise way to do it? Are the db scheme versions too different to
take this chance?

This would save me the task of upgrading my existing
BE, which also means down-time = declining WAF

Cheers for any
input.
Mik