[mythtv-users] EPG and SAT

Stephan Seitz stse+mythtv at fsing.rootsland.net
Mon Jun 18 16:03:32 UTC 2012

Hi!

Hardware: Cine S2 V6 Dual Tuner Sat card
Mythtv: 0.25.1-dmo1

My Mythtv is configured to use only the broadcasted EPG information. This
is working with most channels. Live TV and programming guide show the
information. But some channels don’t seem to have any. Eurosport
Deutschland for example marks every programme as „unknown”. Even teletext
is not working. Now I know from my anlogue TV experience that Eurosport
Deutschland has teletext. And a friend of mine was able to get EPG
information from this channel using his hardware sat receiver.

Now I’m wondering why I don’t get EPG information with Mythtv. Are there
different EPG encodings? Or does a hardware sat receiver use other
sources as EPG as well?

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--