[mythtv-users] known issues related to DVB-T in Australia (was: Channel tuning broken in 0.24)

Igor Cicimov icicimov at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 02:39:52 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 11:17 AM, Igor Cicimov <icicimov at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 11:29 PM, blind Pete <peter_s_d at fastmail.com.au>wrote:
>
>> **
>>
>> On Thu, 7 Jun 2012, Igor Cicimov wrote:
>>

>> [big snip]
>>

>> > so no channel9, GO and GEM as we can see.
>>

>> > From this I would say it is obvious that the tuning problem is not in
>>
>> > MythTV since both scans yield practically same results.. If there is an
>>
>> > issue with the frequency offset in AUS then both w_scan and Myth behave
>>
>> > same and fail to lock to the offset frequency of +125KHz of our
>> carriers.
>>

>> > What I'm going to do next is add the channel9 frequencies that Vincent
>>
>> > posted into my channel.conf and check if Mplayer can tune to this
>> channels
>>
>> > at all.
>>

>> > Igor
>>

>> SOME Aus stations use a 125 kHz offset. In Melbourne it is Ch 9 and SBS.
>>
>> If you want it to work with version 0.24, and maybe others, scan, then go
>>
>> to "edit transports" and add 125000 to the offending entries. Reception
>>
>> improved dramatically for me when I did that.
>>

>> While you are at it, mark the ABC as add free, and delete duplicate
>>
>> transports.
>>

>> After that write it down somewhere so that you will remember to do it
>>
>> again next time you have to set anything up.
>>

>> --
>>
>> blind Pete
>>
>> Sig goes here...

> Thanks Vincente and Pete, I'll try to do as you suggested when I get some
> free time and come back with the results.
>
> Igor

Ok, just a feedback on this one. I left only the transport for channel
9/Go/Gem with 125KHz offset, deleted all the channels and did a full scan
again. This time I got a lock on all the channels including 9,Go and Gem.
I'm on Lucid kernel 2.6.32-41 atm and the latest 0.25-fixes update.

As an additional note, I had to choose the Slim profile eventually to have
everything working perfectly. With the other higher end profiles I had A/V
stutter in LiveTv on some channels (HD ones usually) or/and recordings.

Thanks,
Igor