[mythtv-users] Google Play Movies

Dave Oxley dave at daveoxley.co.uk
Fri Jun 15 11:30:40 UTC 2012

On 15/06/12 21:13, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On 12-06-15 06:48 AM, Dave Oxley wrote:
>> Just tried it for the first time and a rented movie plays fine on my rooted Galaxy Nexus.
> Interesting.  Maybe the comments I was reading were before some
> significant changes/updates in software and/or policy.
Just been reading some reviews of the movies app and almost every
comment is someone complaining about it not working on rooted phones.
Odd. I am using the stock rom, but it's rooted so I could use market
enabler and download google music here in Aus. Maybe it just checks for
the stock bootloader which I still have.

>> And in firefox on my Ubuntu desktop (using flash urgh).
> At what resolution?
720p. It's taking forever to download a movie though. Had to pause it
and leave it to download.

> And flash?  Tsk tsk tsk.  Shame on Google, the HTML5 evangelists, for
> using flash.
Yep flash. It's basically a youtube control. Does HTML5 allow them to do
DRM? I've enabled the labs HTML5 for Google music so I guess it might.
Maybe when youtube switches over to HTML5 permanently Google movies will
too.

> b.

Cheers,
Dave.