[mythtv-users] Screensaver leaves black screen after resume with OpenGL painter

Karl Newman siliconfiend at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 20:46:53 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 3:37 AM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 06/08/2012 01:18 AM, Karl Newman wrote:
>>
>> I use the glslideshow module of the xscreensaver package (version
>> 5.15-r1) to show my photos when myth is idle. With 0.25-fixes,
>> unfortunately it seems that once the screensaver activates, it leaves
>> myth with a black screen after deactivation of the screen saver when
>> using the Auto or OpenGL painter. This happens with both mythwelcome
>> and mythfrontend in the GUI or with video playback paused (using VAAPI
>> or OpenGL playback profiles). The interface still responds to lirc
>> events, but the screen is permanently black until the app in question
>> is closed and restarted.
>

> Does switching to another (full screen) application and/or switching to
> another virtual desktop/workspace and then back to
> mythfrontend/mythfrontend's virtual desktop/workspace cause mythfrontend to
> repaint?
>
> Mike

Mike,

As I answered, once the screensaver activates with mythwelcome or
mythfrontend active, the application will never repaint. I haven't
found anything that can bring it back short of closing and restarting
the app. Any more ideas about this? Has anyone been able to confirm
this? Should I file a bug, or is there something I should try in my
configuration?

Thanks,

Karl