[mythtv-users] 0.25 - mythvideo scanning broken

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jun 12 11:16:10 UTC 2012

On 06/12/2012 12:01 AM, scram69 wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 7:34 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:

>>> now i'm noticing that if I run a scan on another frontend it removes
>>> the files the first frontend added, including the frontend on which
>>> the files exist.
>>>
>>> 2012-06-11 22:00:56.882763 I [17674/17695] VideoScanner
>>> videoscan.cpp:280 (verifyFiles) - Removing file SG(mythbackend)
>>> :TV/True Blood/Season5/True Blood - s05e01 - Turn! Turn! Turn!.mkv:
>>>
>>> but no reason is given as to why? what is it about the "verify" that
>>> is causing it to remove the files?
>>>
>> I dumped my videos table and rescanned and now things look to be
>> working properly.
> I've seen this issue as well.  Would you mind posting the syntax you
> used to dump the videos table?

The right way to do this is to remove all "real" directories from your
Videos Storage Group on all hosts and add in an empty directory, then
rescan to clear out all of the videos, then fix the Videos Storage Group
directory list, then rescan to get them back, but with proper MythTV
metadata.

Better would be to figure out what broken data you have so that we could
find a proper fix for it.  The problem could be due to having a "local"
file path specified in Media Settings.  If you're properly using the
Videos Storage Group, the local path should be blank.

Mike