[mythtv-users] Configuring the system - not understanding some things

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Mon Jun 11 19:06:15 UTC 2012

Michael T. Dean wrote:

>Well, that's how I interpreted his 1) question about creating 2
>Video Sources--one with HDTV channels and one with SDTV channels--to
>ensure the HDTV tuner isn't recording SDTV versions of the channels.

Of course, many ways to setup the system. Personally I'd not dedicate
the tuner to HD only, as long as the scheduler is set up right (which
it needs to be either way) then it doesn't matter and the HD tuner
shouldn't be used for SD in preference to recording something in HD.

Whichever way he does it, he needs two sources - one SD only, the
other with HD (with or without SD according to preference).

--
Simon Hobson