[mythtv-users] HDHomerun Prime CCI Scanner

Chuck Peters cp at ccil.org
Mon Jun 11 09:33:03 UTC 2012

Our local cable system Metrocast appears to have all encrypted channels
set with CCI copyonce, but I haven't checked all of the channels.  I
would like to obtain a list of all the channels and the CCI flag for
channels we are subscribed to.  Any suggestions?

Ron Frazier pointed me to a script Eric Bernhart posted [1] here, but I
don't think it works anymore.

If I am reading the script correctly it relies on hdhomerun_config and
the output has changed.

Another mythtv thread [2] shows:
mike$ hdhomerun_config 201131C8 set /tuner0/vchannel 181
mike$ hdhomerun_config 201131C8 get /tuner0/vstatus
vch=181 name=Food Network HD auth=subscribed cci=unrestricted cgms=n/a

The current version of hdhomerun_config shows the following:
cp at io:/tmp$ hdhomerun_config <mac> set /tuner0/vchannel 37
cp at io:/tmp$ hdhomerun_config <mac> get /tuner0/status
ch=qam:147000000 lock=qam256 ss=97 snq=77 seq=100 bps=38810720 pps=0

Thanks,
Chuck

1. http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/491400?search_string=hdhomerun%20cci%20scan;#491400
2. http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/510029