[mythtv-users] Mini Coax connectors

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jun 11 04:04:37 UTC 2012

On 11/06/12 15:16, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> [...]

That's correct. Connector loss (attenuation) should be a small fraction
of a dB depending on quality of the connector. The 3 dB loss probably
comes from the rule of thumb "loss" for a splitter which isn't actually
a loss but simply the consequence of splitting the power in half to feed
two outputs. None of this depends on cable type/impedance BTW. It's
generally true for RF.