[mythtv-users] Configuring the system - not understanding some things

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Sat Jun 9 16:47:52 UTC 2012

Alan Chandler wrote:

>Do I have to rename the HD channels to match their non HD counterparts?

No. If you record things as "record on any channel" then Myth will
record from any channel showing the program - and if you set
priorities to prefer HD, it will automagically record a program from
(say) BBC1 HD rather than just BBC1.

If you do any "record on channel <something>" rules then they will
only record on the channel you select. I tend to use power rules if
I'm doing that - so I can have things like "... and channel.callsign
like 'BBC%'"

Looking at my recording rules, I have one where the rule is :
>program.title = 'Hustle'
>AND channel.callsign like 'BBC%'

If I had HD, then that would automatically include BBC1 HD and BBC HD.

--
Simon Hobson