[mythtv-users] debian packages

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sat Jun 9 14:38:50 UTC 2012

Hi, thanks for both replies. I guess I was too vague, sorry, when I said package repository. I meant the one here:

https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/tree/master/deb

I also use Christian's packages and they're great but the box is on debian squeeze and it seems like it's taking a while for 0.25 to show up in stable. I saw his message about how his squeeze rep is going to stay on 0.24 and 0.25 will appear in squeeze-backports but it's not there yet.

So, I'm wondering if it might be time to start building my own debs but before I try I'm curious about people's experiences with those git control files etc.

On 2012-06-09, at 2:40 AM, Alan Chandler wrote:

> I am not entirely sure what you mean by "safe on a production system".

The system has to deliver high WAF even though it's not for a wife. My ass would be grass if there was ever an interruption in the supply of Spanish soaps!

- George