[mythtv-users] Testing 0.24 without XvMC

Alex Tomlins alex at tomlins.org.uk
Fri Jun 8 15:44:08 UTC 2012

On 05/06/2012 18:59, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 06/05/2012 01:33 PM, Jim Stichnoth wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 10:14 AM, Alex Tomlins wrote:
>>> I'm currently running 0.24, and contemplating an upgrade to 0.25.
>>> Before I
>>> do that I'd like to have an idea whether my current frontend is
>>> likely to
>>> work under 0.25.
>>>
>>> The frontend in question has an onboard Nvidia GeForce 6150 LE, so
>>> too old
>>> for VDPAU. I'm currently using ffmpeg with XVideo (a slightly modified
>>> version of the normal profile).  Given that XvMC has been dropped
>>> from 0.25,
>>> can anyone suggest how I could create an equivalent playback profile
>>> for
>>> 0.24 without XvMC to see if it's likely to work.
>>>
>>> I should probably mention that the content I watch is either UK DVB-T
>>> recordings (SD only), or H.264 DVD rips (made with Handbrake using
>>> the High
>>> profile).
>> Try the Slim profile.
>
> Meaning you can try with your 0.24 system by simply going to
> Utilities/Setup|Setup|TV Settings|Playback, and on the 3rd screen,
> change the Playback Profile group to Slim.  It will work the same as
> 0.25's Slim Playback Profile group.

Thanks for the replies.  It plays fine using the Slim profile, and the
Normal profile.  From looking at the profile setting, the only
differences I can see are which de-interlacers are used.  Does that mean
that it'll make no difference for non-interlaced content? (i.e. UK SD
DVB recordings..).

thanks,
Alex

--
Alex Tomlins
Email/Jabber: alex at tomlins.org.uk

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who finish what they started