[mythtv-users] scheduled recordings think they start, but they actually don't, then Mythweb still shows them in Upcoming Recordings

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 21:50:20 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 3:10 PM, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 5:20 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> as of a few days ago both systems I manage have shown this issue,
>> resulting in missed recordings. I haven't heard anything on the users
>> list, so I'm sending this out in case there are some "me too's"
>> hiding.
>>
>> basically, scheduled recordings THINK they start, they even show in
>> the logs that they THINK they do, but the file is never created, the
>> entry in the 'recorded' table are not created, and thus the recording
>> is never made, but if one goes into MythWeb's Upcoming Recordings
>> list, they are listed as "Currently Recording: Edit".
>>
>> The end effect of this is that Myth has become absolutely unreliable
>> in it's scheduled recordings since this is random.
>>
>> This occurs on both Ceton and HDPVR recordings.
>>
>> Anyone else?
>>
>> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10812
>>

> Sorry, Steve, but my system has been solid lately.  I personally have not
> had a failure like you describe in a few months.  I use two HD-PVRs plus a
> couple HDhomeruns.
>

> John

interesting. are you using mythbuntu? if so, are you updating with
their nightly builds?

I'm wondering if they add some patches that may be causing this.

have you not had any recordings show up in Upcoming Recordings as
"Currently Recording" after they have finished?

thanks!

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!