[mythtv-users] known issues related to DVB-T in Australia (was: Channel tuning broken in 0.24)

blind Pete peter_s_d at fastmail.com.au
Thu Jun 7 13:29:00 UTC 2012

On Thu, 7 Jun 2012, Igor Cicimov wrote:

[big snip]

> so no channel9, GO and GEM as we can see.
>
> From this I would say it is obvious that the tuning problem is not in
> MythTV since both scans yield practically same results.. If there is an
> issue with the frequency offset in AUS then both w_scan and Myth behave
> same and fail to lock to the offset frequency of +125KHz of our carriers.
>
> What I'm going to do next is add the channel9 frequencies that Vincent
> posted into my channel.conf and check if Mplayer can tune to this channels
> at all.
>
> Igor

SOME Aus stations use a 125 kHz offset.  In Melbourne it is Ch 9 and SBS.
If you want it to work with version 0.24, and maybe others, scan, then go
to "edit transports" and add 125000 to the offending entries.  Reception
improved dramatically for me when I did that.

While you are at it, mark the ABC as add free, and delete duplicate
transports.

After that write it down somewhere so that you will remember to do it
again next time you have to set anything up.

--
blind Pete
Sig goes here...