[mythtv-users] Subtitle clarity

Shawn king slackerlinux85 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 23:46:50 UTC 2012

On 06/07/2012 07:08 AM, Jim Stichnoth wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 1:59 PM, Alexander Fisher<alex at alexfisher.me.uk>  wrote:

>>>  From the description, I would bet on a color palette issue, either
>>> from a MythTV problem or from an underlying ffmpeg problem.  I haven't
>>> seen this issue before.  Please do create a new ticket with a sample
>>> and I will investigate.
>> Hi Jim
>>
>> Firstly, thanks for spending so much time looking into all the recent
>> subtitle issues I've been reporting.
>> It's very much appreciated.  I've opened a ticket with a link to a 60
>> second sample.
>> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10811
> Alex,
>
> Thanks for your help in improving MythTV's subtitle experience.  I'll
> take a look at the sample as soon as I get in front of a TV.
>
> Jim

this is a ffmpeg issue thats been fixed with the latest merge in 0.26. i
had the same issue with alot of my videos white border with grey fill
this commit to ffmpeg should be the one that needs to be backported(i
replaced dvdsubdec.c instead of backporting but im quite sure thats the
right commit that fixes it)

dvdsubdec: Support palette information for vobsub's stored as text in
extrada
<http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=commit;h=7009b965119dd8f68f21e7e32ff2c643993b6c06>ta
<http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=commit;h=7009b965119dd8f68f21e7e32ff2c643993b6c06>