[mythtv-users] Post upgrade 0.24 to 0.25 PVR-150/250/350 fail to record at some point

Kenan Ezal SBMythTV at cox.net
Wed Jun 6 06:43:49 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Finger [mailto:larry.finger at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Larry Finger
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2012 12:41 PM
To: Discussion about MythTV
Cc: Kenan Ezal; Michael T. Dean
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Post upgrade 0.24 to 0.25 PVR-150/250/350 fail
to record at some point

<<
Whatever the problem, I doubt that it is a driver problem. I am still
running
MythTV 0.21, but my kernel and drivers are 3.4-rc1. My PVR500 shows no
problems.

I've now been back on 0.24 for about a week with no problems. The only
change to my system was the removal of 0.25 and the re-install of 0.24. No
other changes took place.

It is still possible that one of my MythTV settings was causing problems in
0.25, but it is definitely not hardware, or drivers. It is something within
0.25 or a conflict within 0.25 with hardware and drivers. I gather that
there are other PVR-150/250/350 users that are able to operate within 0.25
and some like myself who cannot. So, maybe it is the later.

I'm curious if anyone has any ideas about which settings might potentially
cause the type of instability that I was experiencing in 0.25 [and Fedora 16
(64-bit and 32-bit)].

As an aside: Does anyone know how I might be able to manually add back the
programs that were recorded under 0.25 into my 0.24 mythconverg? I printed a
MythWeb output of all programs recorded under 0.25 after upgrading from
0.24. [I also saved the last database before downgrading back to 0.24.]

-Kenan