[mythtv-users] Upmixing with 0.25

Karl Newman siliconfiend at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 04:23:16 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 9:10 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 June 2012 14:02, Karl Newman <siliconfiend at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Okay, after some trials I got the new drive installed and working. I
>> tested out the change (once I figured out how to get the complete
>> patch out of git) and so far it's working exactly how I wanted. Thanks
>> again for all your help!
>
> Great..
>
> I'm still puzzled why your asoundrc wouldn't work with myth, but would
> work with an application like mplayer.
>
> We do things in a very similar fashion
>
> JY

Yes, it is very strange, but with your hall upmixer addition I can
make myth work, which should cover everything now. But any external
programs can use the asound.conf.

Nothing about this upgrade has been easy. I don't think any one thing
worked correctly the first time. The next major thing I need to get
working is VAAPI...

Thanks again,

Karl