[mythtv-users] new installation issues

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 18:11:31 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 11:59 AM, A Desai <ashu.desai at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 11:42 AM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Well, some good news. I just tried building my stock Fedora SRPM for
>> EL6 and it was successful.
>>
>> Currently the only difference appears to be:
>> - No CrystalHD support
>> - No V4L support (hopefully will be fixed in the future)
>>
>> I'll go ahead and request an EL6 branch at RPM Fusion.
>
> Um does that mean I should try "git pull" and try to configure again? Or
> should I try yum install yasm, and THEN try to configure?
>
> Sorry I didn't understand...

Well, I guess what I'm saying is if you give me a little time you'll
be able to just "yum install mythtv". But if you really want to build
it yourself you'll need "yasm-devel".

Alternatively, you could also build it from my SRPM[1] instead of
doing your own manual build.

Richard

[1] https://dl.dropbox.com/u/34775202/mythtv-0.25-8.el6.src.rpm