[mythtv-users] Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIe & Mythbuntu 12.04

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Jun 5 16:05:19 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 12:01 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Tom Bongiorno <two.bits.11 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I wanted to see if anyone else ran into this problem.  I just did a fresh
>> install with Mythbuntu 12.04 and immediately installed the Ceton driver per
>> the included installation instructions.  I am unable to access the device
>> via the 192.168.200.1, MythTV, or mplayer.  I tried the reset network script
>> from Ceton and it fails with "Failed to send reset".  ifconfig reports that
>> the ctn0 has no IP address.  I repeated the install process with Mythbuntu
>> 11.04 with the Ceton drivers, and all worked perfectly with zero extra
>> configuration.  Any thoughts?
>
> Run ifconfig and see if you have a network device for ctn0, and what
> is it's IP? I know with the USB ceton device, the driver for it uses
> (I think) 192.168.180.* instead of 200.*, so perhaps they made some
> decision to change the default for the PCI version in the latest
> drivers.

Oops. I guess I didn't read carefully enough :-). So you see the
device there, just no IP. You don't have any sort of bridging enabled,
do you (do you see a br0 interface, and does your eth0 interface NOT
have an IP assigned to it)? I've not a lot of experience with
mythbuntu, but you might need to go into the network configuration
panel and tell it to assign ctn0 an IP (maybe force it to the desired
IP)

--
Ron Frazier