[mythtv-users] new installation issues

A Desai ashu.desai at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 17:32:06 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 5:26 AM, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:

> A Desai wrote:
>
>> g++ is unable to create an executable file.
>>

> Just a guess,
>
> yum install gcc-c++
>
> Doug
>

> --
> Ben Franklin quote:
>
> "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary
> Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Thank you -- I had done gcc, gcc-devel but not gcc-c++. Now I get the
following error:

[root at mythbe mythtv]# ./configure --prefix=/usr
WARNING: disabling Perl bindings; missing DBI
WARNING: disabling Perl bindings; missing DBD::mysql
WARNING: disabling Perl bindings; missing HTTP::Request
WARNING: disabling Perl bindings; missing LWP::UserAgent
WARNING: disabling Perl bindings; missing Net::UPnP::QueryResponse
WARNING: disabling Perl bindings; missing Net::UPnP::ControlPoint
WARNING: disabling Perl bindings; missing IO::Socket::INET6

So I try to install it by doing:

perl -MCPAN -e 'shell'
Can't locate CPAN.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib64/perl5
/usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl
/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .).
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.

Is there anything wrong?

Regards

Ash