[mythtv-users] Any problems with Hauppauge ImpactVCB or Nova-TD-500?

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Fri Jun 1 14:03:56 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 7:29 AM, Neil Bird <neil at fnxweb.com> wrote:

>  I think I might get these for my new box build (in the UK), has anyone got
> any experience of either?
>
>  I don't know how the TD-500 differs from the older T-500, and the ImpactVCB
> says it uses a Conexant cx23885 chipset, which *seems* to be in the kernel
> OK.

I'm not sure about the TD-500, but I can say for certain that the PCIe
version of the ImpactVCB is not currently supported.  Just because an
underlying chipset is supported does not mean that a card that uses
that chip has the appropriate driver support.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com