[mythtv-users] EIT reschedules

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Fri Jun 1 05:24:58 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 3:01 PM, Michael Watson
<michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au> wrote:
> On 1/06/2012 12:55 PM, Bill Williamson wrote:
>>
>> I am considering moving to EIT for my guide data (live in Australia,
>> DVB-T, currently using a third party web scraper script grabber).
>>
>> Will MythTV pick up the changes when sporting events/etc get extended?
>>  The broadcasters here are pretty good about updating the live guide
>> data in real time.  A friend with Windows Media Center has reported
>> success, so I know the guide gets pushed out.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
> The last time I used EIT for guide data, only ABC and SBS gave any decent
> amount of upcoming data, the other channels only provided a day or two of
> future scheduling.  This was a couple of years ago, so things may have
> changed.

Things have changed.  They all offer 7 days of guide data and it is
reasonably accurate.  In some comparisons I've done with friends it's
sometimes more accurate than shepherd, with the downside of a lower
richness of data.

My question wasn't whether or not it exists (it does), but whether
mythtv checks EIT while recording, and whether it will extend a
recording in realtime if the EIT data changes.

Thanks