[mythtv-users] Frontend Control Socket

Jameson imntreal at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 23:34:08 UTC 2012

According to ticket #10654, the current expected functionality of the
Frontend Control Socket which would allow you to control a frontend
across the network is to bind to the IP address set as the local
backend server.  What if the machine is a frontend only, and is
connecting to a remote backend?  How is it supposed to bind to a
socket, so that I can actually connect to it?  It defaults to the
loopback address, but that is basically useless.  I would pose the
question in the ticket, but it's locked.

Thanks,
=-Jameson