[mythtv-users] Backend not starting after update

Scott Moncrieff scottcmoncrieff at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 18:12:16 UTC 2012

I checked for broken packages and got this if is sheds some light.

scott at MythtvMain:~$ sudo apt-get install -f
[sudo] password for scott:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following package was automatically installed and is no longer required:
gnome-games-data
3 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Setting up mythtv-backend
(2:0.25.2+fixes.20120730.a72e341-0ubuntu0mythbuntu4) ...
start: Job failed to start
invoke-rc.d: initscript mythtv-backend, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing mythtv-backend (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mythtv:
mythtv depends on mythtv-backend; however:
Package mythtv-backend is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing mythtv (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mythtv-backend-master:
mythtv-backend-master depends on mythtv-backend; however:
Package mythtv-backend is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing mythtv-backend-master (--configure):
No apport report written because the error message indicates its a
followup error from a previous failure.
No apport report written because the error message indicates its a
followup error from a previous failure.
mythtv-backend
mythtv
mythtv-backend-master