[mythtv-users] Backend not starting after update

Scott Moncrieff scottcmoncrieff at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 07:29:50 UTC 2012

I don't update my mythtv system all that often because something
usually breaks! I had 414 updates pending so went for it and now the
backend will not start.
There was a crash report which popped up after the system restarted
which mentioned something about 0.25fixes..... failed to install...
but didn't get a chance to note the message down properly.

The frontend will not connect to the backend and sudo
/etc/init.d/mythtv-backend start returns start: job failed to start.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as where to start with this? I assume
whated the failed upodate 0.25,fixes...etc is the problem!

Scott