[mythtv-users] Oplympics on Channel NINE Australia

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sun Jul 29 18:16:55 UTC 2012

On 28/07/12 23:52, Another Sillyname wrote:

> I'm not sure about US scheduling but thought it was mostly being shown
> timeshifted in the evening?
>
> Oh and it's 24 channels of content with them also simulcasted in HD.
>
> All free to air and in the clear.
>
> Here's the schedule for 9am tomorrow with a more info box for channels 1-15
>
> http://tinypic.com/r/fcs5t0/6
>
> Here for 16-24 + a couple of the simulcast HD channels.

I'd assumed, being duly cynical, that the weird scheduling of some of the events
was so that they would be shown live at prime time in the US.

The oddball sports that Americans don't know about are being shown at other
times, when the rest of us are still awake.

The opening ceremony, for instance, *started* at 9 PM (GMT+01:00) and didn't
finish until 01:45 the following morning. Small surprise that some of the
athletes decided to give it a miss and get their beauty sleep instead.

--

Mike Perkins