[mythtv-users] Oplympics on Channel NINE Australia

Matthew Hubbard hubrat at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 01:37:16 UTC 2012

On 29 July 2012 01:15, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:

> (Fixed top posting)

Thanks for the gentle reminder. I'm on enough lists to know better.

> Don't be surprised. I've just watched the men's road race live (ie without
> the aid of mythtv) and I can confirm the whole race was shown. Unfortunately
> it was switched seemingly randomly between BBC1 and BBC3 with a segment on
> the red button.

I was surprised with how much I got last night in Australia with only
1 Olympic channel but luckily I watched it live.

The recordings scheduled using Shepherd data and a cycling search
recorded 6:30-11pm and then 1am-6am the following day. Unfortunately
most of the cycling was shown between 11pm-1am. Initially I thought it
was a false duplicate as I've found a few of those later in the week
but the guide data for that period just didn't contain cycling as a
keyword.

OP, I'd suggest a manual recording if there is something you really
want to see rather than rely on generic guide data and searches.

Matt