[mythtv-users] Missing chunks of recordings

Eric Smith erictsmith at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 15:48:31 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 4:06 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

>>> I don't see anything of interest in the prime's log and the signal
>>>
>>> strength seems good.  Yes, the recordings are being correctly detected
>>> as damaged (thanks for that thought... changing to a theme which shows
>>> the damaged status makes it easier to get an idea of how widespread
>>> this issue is).  It turns out it is not all recordings... it is maybe
>>> 1/3 of them.  More interesting is that it occurs in chunks.  Last
>>> night every recording from about 7pm to 10pm was damaged but none of
>>> the others throughout the day were.  I'm not sure what to make of that
>>> other than myth is purposefully damaging the "important" recordings?
>>> :)
>>
>> Is it possible that the combined bandwidth of all of the concurrent
>> recordings is saturating your IO (network or disk).  I know that my system
>> records more concurrent recordings, and much larger recordings during
>> prime-time than any other part of the day.
>>
>>   I also know that we have been experiencing tons of bad weather the last
>> few days, mostly in the evenings as the temperatures drop, and that has
>> caused some recordings to fail for me.
>

> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10732#comment:9
>
> Mike

Sorry I've been really busy and haven't had much time to look at this.
 I tried changing the IO Priority and haven't seen any improvement.  I
also swapped out the coax and splitter to the prime without any luck.
This is continuing to haunt me and with the olympics upon us I'd
really like to get this resolved.  I very much appreciate any other
suggestions.