[mythtv-users] Unusual Problem with mythfilldatabase
Peter Bennett (cats22)
cats22 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 26 20:11:21 UTC 2012
On 07/26/2012 11:55 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 07/26/2012 11:47 AM, Pierre Rochefort wrote:
>> Good morning,
>> I have recently installed a MythTV system. After having run with 0.20
>> for the longest time, it was time for an upgrade.
>> Everything is working as expected except for one thing:
>> mythfilldatabase. It simply gets to a point where it seems to do
>> nothing or wait for something that never comes.
>> Here a bit of background information:
>> The system is running on MythTV 0.25+fixes. I am using
>> SchedulesDirect for guide data. I used to have an account login with
>> the "@" and some people had indicated that this was a source of
>> problem so I changed the login to remove the "@". The system is a
>> MythBuntu 12.04 box. When I run mythfilldatabase by hand from a
>> terminal, here's the output I get: (I have activated debugging info
>> but it doesn't show me all that much - or I don't know what to look for)
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:16.435239 C mythfilldatabase version: fixes/0.25
>> [v0.25] http://www.mythtv.org/
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:16.435279 N Enabled verbose msgs: general
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:16.435327 N Setting Log Level to LOG_DEBUG
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:16.435460 I Added logging to the console
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:16.435475 I Added database logging to table logging
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:16.435658 N Setting up SIGHUP handler
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:16.435866 N Using runtime prefix = /usr
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:16.435899 N Using configuration directory =
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:16.438128 I Assumed character encoding: en_CA.UTF-8
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:16.440247 N Empty LocalHostName.
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:16.440273 I Using localhost value of ZBOXNANO-AD10
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:16.483792 N Setting QT default locale to EN_US
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:16.484038 I Current locale EN_US
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:16.484191 N Reading locale defaults from
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:16.514960 I Loading en_us translation for module
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:16.524049 I Current MythTV Schema Version
>> (DBSchemaVer): 1299
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:16.759687 I Updating source #1 (Rogers Cable) with
>> grabber schedulesdirect1
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:16.761729 I Found 65 channels for source 1 which
>> use grabber
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:16.761927 I Checking day @ offset 0, date: Thu Jul
>> 26 2012
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:16.810025 N Data is already present for Thu Jul 26
>> 2012, skipping
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:16.810157 I Checking day @ offset 1, date: Fri Jul
>> 27 2012
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:16.810170 I Data Refresh always needed for tomorrow
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:16.810181 N Refreshing data for Fri Jul 27 2012
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:16.810342 I New static DB connectionDataDirectCon
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:16.817694 I Retrieving datadirect data.
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:16.817798 I Grabbing data for Thu Jul 26 2012 offset 1
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:16.817834 I From Fri Jul 27 04:00:00 2012 to Sat
>> Jul 28 04:00:00 2012 (UTC)
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:16.817871 I DataDirect: Grabbing listing data
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:16.817927 I Downloading DataDirect feed
>> content-type missing in HTTP POST, defaulting to
>> content-type missing in HTTP POST, defaulting to
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:23.316135 I Downloaded 193850 bytes
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:23.316165 I Uncompressing DataDirect feed
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:23.337043 I Uncompressed to 1575080 bytes
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:27.263313 I DataDirect: Your subscription expires
>> on Thu Jun 20 (2013) 7:38 AM
>> 2012-07-26 11:41:53.983795 I DataDirect: sourceid 1 has lineup type:
>> After this output, it stays there for however long I leave it there;
>> it never completes. I did search the mailing list and didn't find any
>> solution that seemed to work here. If this was ever discussed, can
>> someone point me in the right direction? Any suggestiong, comments,
>> ideas would be greatly appreciated.
> Did you try the "re-add all lineups" on the Schedules Direct website?
> I don't think it will help, but probably worth a try.
> My best guess is that it's not actually hung, and it's actually
> working, and "however long [you] leave it there" isn't long enough.
> I'm guessing that you have your MySQL data on an ext4+barriers file
> system and are using MySQL 5.5 and haven't tuned your InnoDB options.
> You'll want to update to 0.25-fixes past 4f55fd1a10 (May 28) to pick
> up a workaround for the configuration issue that's causing your system
> to perform unacceptably slow. You should also take a look at
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Tune_MySQL .
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Check your hard disk light or listen carefully to hear the activity.
When I upgraded to 0.25, mythfilldatabase turned on the hard disk light
solidly and ground the disk loudly for an hour or so before I killed it
in frustration. I added the "nobarrier" option in /etc/fstab and it now
runs in a couple of minutes without a problem. This applies if you are
using ext4. Change the file system that has your database to have
nobarrier, like this:
UUID=bea890da-3e1a-460b-9745-94700cea5268 / ext4
nobarrier,errors=remount-ro 0 1
Some people may say this is risky in case of a power failure.
More information about the mythtv-users