[mythtv-users] CableCard Chain.

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Thu Jul 26 20:10:13 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-26 3:06 PM, Saul A. Peebsen wrote:

>> Ask them if they think they are stealing when they listen to their
>> car radio. After all, it's almost the same system, just with added
>> pictures.
>
> Sure they say they pay for the satellite radio they listen in their
> car. :p

I was listening to my mp3 player one day when an IT person from my place of work asked me about it as he didn't know Palm Pilots would play MP3's.

Then he asked where I got the music interjecting the question if I pirate it online.

I promptly told him, "erm, no. I have a CD library that's been converted over so the CD's can be safely stored."

He didn't know one could do that.

I also informed him of the several outlets online that sell music in digital formats - legally.

He didn't know that either.

He worked in I.T.

His confession made it a sad day for I.T. professionals everywhere.

  -Ben