[mythtv-users] HDHomerun - what is mythtv doing ?!?

Pieter De Wit pieter at insync.za.net
Thu Jul 26 10:23:56 UTC 2012

Hi Guys,

I currently have my mythtv on the idle screen. If I look at my current
status, myth says it's idle:

Encoder 11 [ HDHOMERUN :  ] is local on media and is not recording.
Encoder 12 [ HDHOMERUN :  ] is local on media and is not recording.
Encoder 13 [ HDHOMERUN :  ] is local on media and is not recording.
Encoder 14 [ HDHOMERUN : ] is local on media and is not recording.

Yet, my Homerun is pushing 4megbit of data to my server, at the request
of MythTV. I have disabled EPG on the tuners and set them to On Demand.
Looking at the status of the homerun, it seems that mythtv is scanning
channels as the two tuners flick between the three transponders tuned.

Any pointers ?

Pieter