[mythtv-users] CableCard Chain.

Mark Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Wed Jul 25 21:46:37 UTC 2012

> Again, tradeoffs. Here in San Francisco, the following over-the-air
> channels are available:
>
> Channel	     HD?	Non-duplicate subchannels?
> ABC	     X		1 (HD)
> CBS	     X
> The CW	     X
> MyNetworkTV  X
> NBC	     X		1
> PBS	     X		4
> Telemundo    X
> Univision    X
> Telefutura   X
> ion	     X		2
> KCSM	     X		2
> KICU	     X		2
> KOFY	     X		1
> KMTP			3
> KCNS			3
> KTNC			1
>
> I've left out many more SD channels that I can't get from my
> particular location. (One has 15, yes, 15 SD subchannels.) No
> painstakingly slow rollout of one Freeview HD channel at a time; most
> of the above HD channels have been available for more than a
> decade. They are all the real thing; no "best of" programming subset.

Here is rural Nova Scotia, Canada, in a deep river valley, I can pick up 2 OTA
channels with an attic antenna, and 3 more (with 2 duplicates) with a rooftop
antenna.  Check out my TV fool report here:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3d9900b09c27dd10

Cable and Satellite are the only options for folks like me.  But hey, there is
no cable card requirement in Canada.

Mark