[mythtv-users] distorted recordings after system upgrade

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Wed Jul 25 13:24:00 UTC 2012

Around about 24/07/12 18:50, Marco Nelissen typed ...
> I got a new motherboard (Asus P8H77-V LE), new CPU (Core i3 2160), new
> graphics card (Asus ENGT430) and new RAM.
> I reused the case, harddrive and tuner cards (Dvico ATSC) from my existing
> system. I didn't reinstall, I just reconfigured the existing install for the
> new network, audio and video devices.

   So same drive?

   As a wild stab in the dark, did you keep the PSU?  Maybe it's just a few
Watts short now to drive things properly.

   I only mention it as I suffered a few years ago when I added a couple of
fans to my system and it pushed it over the edge.  I didn't suffer what
you're seeing, but the system started randomly locking up, sometimes after a
while, sometimes during boot.  I think I had a 350W one, and bought a 500W.

   I got a meatier PSU and it was all sorted.  It's not necessarily a cheap
what-if, though.

   Of course, it may not have been the Wattage that counted, it might have
just been on its way out!

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature