[mythtv-users] CableCard Chain.

Chuck Peters cp at ccil.org
Wed Jul 25 02:56:43 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 10:10 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> The other alternative (for some) is to change MSOs (or move :-)

We are in rural Virginia and have one choice for cable and too many
trees for satellite.

> And while I expect it to have little to no impact (the decision
> about what to protect is probably above their pay grade), you
> should raise your concerns with your local franchise manager
> (and not just some CSR at the front desk).

To summarize my experience with our local cable company my language
would not be appropriate for this public list.

Shortly after getting the CableCards I made a number of calls telling
them it was a CCI issue. I have been trying for more than 7 weeks,
been told numerous times they would fix the CCI issues, then Monday
they basically said we are screwed. Before the first tech visit I
posted a number of files including a channel scan at
http://axs.org/Metrocast/  One thing that has been very frustrating is
I have had to explain CCI to everyone of the so called techs I called,
including the local head end manager, and he just seemed to be
stonewallling for the most part because after dealing with him for a
month it became obvious he did not understand CCI etc...  Four visits
from techs, a so called requirement of escalation was to check signal
strength, and that was after telling them I could provide the signal
strength of any channel they wanted with the hdhomerun_config program,
a lot of unreturned calls and emails and too much to go into here.  I
am waiting for a written explanation, but I am expecting the same
level of CS and have to keep calling and emailing them...

Chuck