[mythtv-users] 0.25 SQL CPU Load issues after optimisation

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Jul 23 17:54:04 UTC 2012

On 23/07/12 16:35, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 07/23/2012 11:14 AM, Another Sillyname wrote:
>> So mythweb can become incredibly cluttered with non recording versions
>> of a program if you don't use the 'record on this channel only'
>> option.
>
> That's why there's an option to show or not show the Deactivated recordings in
> MythWeb's Upcoming Recording page.  Unchecking the option removes all those
> "Earlier"/"Later" showings.

Doesn't always work, at least in the UK. We /also/ have other channels like
Dave, Yesterday, etc which show recycled programs from the main group of
BBC/ITV/Cannel4/Channel5.

When programs pop up on these other channels, they may not be marked as repeat
(or as recently, "rerun") and may have different program ids as well.

My rules list is cluttered with exceptions where I've had to remove extraneous
showings of series from two seasons back.

Sometimes, 'On this channel' (or perhaps, 'On this group of channels?') is what
we need to filter out the repeats.

--

Mike Perkins