[mythtv-users] update ceton firmware?

Tom Bongiorno two.bits.11 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 17:16:06 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 7:13 PM, Tom Bongiorno <two.bits.11 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I second Ron.  This was a perfectly legitimate Ceton+MythTV question.
>  Steve
> > and I would love to hear what Ron finds.
>
> Actually, no it wasn't.  It had nothing to do with MythTV, it wasn't
> even mentioned.  Go read what was originally sent.  It was a purely
> Ceton support question.  If they don't have a venue for these
> questions, their company will likely be a total failure anyways.  User
> feedback and questions are very important to most companies.
>
> And once again, if you don't even know what's changed in the new
> firmware, it is kinda insane to blindly upgrade, regardless of what
> software you want to use with it.  Once someone has the change log,
> THEN asking if any of these changes affect usage in MythTV would make
> sense.  But if you don't know even what's changing, there's no way
> anyone can predict its effects on your hardware any better than a
> Magic 8 Ball.

Isn't that fact that he posted this in the mythtv-users forum imply that he
is talking about using a Ceton with MythTV.

Would you have been happier if the subject read "update ceton firmware for
use with MythTV?"?  He may very well know what has changed, and was just
asking if anyone has seen any compatibility issues with Ron's contributed
code to MythTV.

You should allow us five Ceton + MythTV users converse without
your unnecessary contributions to the thread.

Thanks,
Tom