[mythtv-users] 0.25 channel icons not being found/opened

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 14:21:28 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 7:11 AM, Gordon McCrae <gordon.mccrae at gmail.com> wrote:
> The "issue" is that mythtv-setup simply puts the icon images in the
> ~/.mythtv/channels folder of the user running mythtv-setup (lets say root),
> but MythFrontend is looking for them in the StorageGroup "Channels".
>
> To fix the problem, the first thing you need to do is move the
> /root/.mythtv/channels folder somewhere that it's accessible by all of the
> frontends, I'd suggest putting it under your main MythTV folder, so
> something like /data/mythtv for example.
>
> You would then have a folder called /data/mythtv/channels.
>
> Now start mythtv-setup and go into option #7 "Storage Directories" and
> create a new one called "ChannelIcons", this is hard coded into MythFrontend
> as the StorageGroup to query.
>
> Add the location /data/mythtv/channels to this storage group.
>
> Now you need to go into option #6 "Channel Editor" and select each channel
> in turn.
>
> For each channel, you need to edit the field labelled "Icon:", which should
> have "/root/.mythtv/channels/blah.jpg". You need to change this so it just
> reads "blah.jpg". One of the side affects here is that mythtv-setup will
> no-longer show the icon against the channel as it doesn't seem to understand
> StorageGroups.

ok, so I actually did that after looking at the patch. I've yet to
really "test" it. I had previously just symlinked all the requried
./mythtv/channels folders to my nfs shared location. of course I'd
prefer not to have to do that.

the ChannelIcons storage group should also be created automatically
with the others.

also,

update channel set icon = replace(icon,'replaceme','');
much easier...

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!