[mythtv-users] hdpvr latest firmware color saturation issue question

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 04:11:42 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 11:39 PM, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 9:15 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> so I've updated my system and am using the latest hdpvr firmware. I
>> have the color saturation issue, but placing
>> v4l2-ctl --verbose -d /dev/video1 --set-ctrl brightness=0x80
>> --set-ctrl contrast=0x40 --set-ctrl hue=0xf --set-ctrl saturation=0x40
>> --set-ctrl sharpness=0x80
>> at the end of the channel change script does not fix the problem, I
>> have to run it again, manually, from an ssh session.
>>
>> is this the way it is supposed to be or did I miss something in how I set
>> it up?
>

> It is on my To Do list to add "picture control" support for the HD-PVR in
> Myth.  I just haven't had time to do any development in a while.  Part of
> the problem, is that my HD-PVRs are often busy when I do think about playing
> with it.  I may be able to work on it tomorrow -- if not, it will have to be
> after the Olympics.
>
> John

gotcha!
yea, it would be good if Myth could run the fix so the user doesn't
have to. apparently there's a fix for the linux driver but some hiccup
in the patch approval system is causing it to not go through.

I updated further info on my issue in the other thread on the hdpvr patches...

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!