[mythtv-users] How enable "external codec options"

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sun Jul 22 00:48:07 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-21, at 6:51 PM, Michelle Dupuis wrote:

> # External Codec Options
> mp3lame                   no
> faac                      no
> xvid                      no
> x264                      no
> vpx                       no
>
> How do I get these to YES?  (And what do they do?)

They allow myth to encode audio or video in the given formats. I'm not sure what's necessary for decoding, partly that depends on your display driver. vdpau has an x264 decoder built in for example. Also if you're using nuvexport it may want to see certain libraries.

To get them to YES install the corresponding library development package. On debian there's a libxvid package for prebuilt software and for compiling a libxvid-dev. I imagine it's something similar in redhat land.

- George