[mythtv-users] 0.25 Howto enable 3D support

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 22:09:06 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 6:19 AM, F.B. Parker <fbp.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> FWIW, it seems the the FE can't handle just any side-by-side 3d file:
> another side-by-side file I watched would not work with the MythTV FE, but
> it plays fine in the TV's built-in player. The file looks right in the FE at
> first: the screen is split between two nearly identical images. Then when I
> set the TV to side-by-side 3d mode, it does its thing but the two eyes'
> images end up about a foot apart on the screen - way more stereo than can be
> seen by human eyes.

Interesting, any player should be able to play a side by side file. It
needs no special processing, the TV combines the picture to create the
3D. All the player does is play the file as usual. It's just that each
frame has two pictures in it.

So how do mplayer, xine, XBMC etc cope with that file?

Do you have a sample?